Saturday, March 26

Soulmate

Do you believe in Soul mate? The one person who fits into you like the perfect other half? The one person who makes you feel so complete you can only belong to him, and no one else? The person who makes you feel like you are his only reason for existence, the center of his universe? Do you believe that God made a single person just for you?

The thing is, I have always known mine. I have always understood the way Sansom felt about Delilah, the reason Shar jaha dedicated a monument for his Mumtaz, the feelings that drove Romeo to kill himself instead of imagine a moment without Juliet. I have always know it. You know, the feeling Jacob describes in Breaking Dawn, as if your whole universe is in symmetry and you know without a doubt that every steel cable in the universe ties you to him. I know where my center of the universe lies, the person the steel cable binds me to. I have known him all my life.

My soul mate.

I have always known I belong with him - the other half of my heart, the center I always revolve around. He is perfect - the way his face splits up in a smile when something pleases him, the way his eyes cringes at the side whenever he frowns, the way he gets all gooey-eyes when he is pleading. I know him with every fiber of my body - that guilty smile when I catch him doing something he shouldn't, the cute face he put on whenever he knows he is going to get his ways - every expression that crosses his face. I can understand the feeling behind every artist's song and for me all the love songs are always meant for him. He is the center of my universe, the soul reason for my existence. 

And the things is, he knows too. He knows where the steel cable of the universe binds him to, the center of his universe. He knows where he has always meant to belong, the person he has always been meant to be with and he says he loves her, his reason for existence - Another girl, another being, another soul. 

So do I believe in soul mate? I used to. 

6 comments:

  1. soul mates....its something that every heart craves,,and every mind doubts.....but whatever...you are living a beautiful life sharing love ...:)

    hey i wanted to ask you..if you have a facebook,..? please join BLOGYUL..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be a day, when you would realize that Soulmates do exist. Maybe, perhaps you are looking at the similar other half. Your other perfect half is somewhere, ready to reunite with you. Anyways, I love your writings. Keep Writing. You have the tools. I can't catch up with your level it seems. But, I can always try. Haa haa..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sogyel, Thanks. I do have a facebook. I just havn't got around trying to figure out how to arrange this whole blog into the account. Will surely do when I finally figure it all Out! :)


    Hahaa, As if! You are suppose to be writin instead of procrastination abt it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel that soulmates is kind of myth....there's just some people we get on with more than others, though there is a special kind of electricity that can happen sometimes.......perhaps I am being too pragmatic.......Very nice post. I was very happy thinking the myth exist before I read your last line....Sorry about the guy.

    Love
    Anu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one! It is beautifully written! Though I dont believe in going around hunting for the soulmate, sometimes,I beleive that one day Destiny will bring my soulmate to me and that is when I feel complete. Good luck in your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Anu and Rikku, Missed your comments earlier it seems :) Hope you guys found your soulmates :)

    ReplyDelete