Thursday, February 17

Being called a Feminist

I was called a feminist.

Ironically I don't take that to be a compliment. Don't get me wrong, I know I am a woman and I am all for gaining equal right for the sexes, I just don't find any advantage in whining about discriminating and the lacking privileges. 

You think you should get equal rights, you feel you are being discriminated so you organise a protest. And you wait and wait and wait for someone to notice you or get an approval. You are protesting but you still need someone else's permission to even organize that protest. Where is the equality there? Why need a government body or minister mostly made up of men to approve before you do it? To me, it just seem like an upgrade. You are asking for better pay but you still work under the same male boss so where is the difference? You are still in the same place, still under, not equal. That is not feminism. It shouldn't be.

I don't think feminism should be about fighting about our right, I think it should be about moving forward and doing things without having to fight for it. If you so believe in equal right why do you have to fight for it? You already believe it is your right so why whine? why fight? Why create such a fuss. All you have to do is claim the right to be already yours to begin with and do it. And if in case some protests your action, then that is when you fight, not for the right to do it but for having to defend your actions when other don't. That is when you should say you are being discriminated. Not before. 

Most woman says they are feminist, I am not. I refuse to take part in the whining of inequality and the protests but believe me if someone tries to stop me for doing something based on my sex, I am ready to get my claws out as good as any other woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment